Museum Trekker has won a Liebster Award! What a wonderful way to end 2012. My blog was chosen to receive this award by Sara Max. Sara lives in Italy and is the author of Flowerland. Grazie Sara!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or fewer followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” so this is kind of like the “favorite blog award.” It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever-changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am left-handed and right-footed
2. I can play the piano and saxophone
3. I am violently allergic to garlic (No, I am not a vampire)
4. I have eyesight like a superhero. My vision is sharper than 20/20
5. I've ruptured my left eardrum 3 times and lost most of my hearing in that ear
6. I'm terrified of speaking in public
7. I break out in hives when I get upset and my face turns red like a cartoon character
8. I don't like musicals or anything involving singing and dancing in unison. I like singing and I like dancing but I cannot stand when they are combined
9. I love the smell of old library books
10. I am the middle child- I have an older sister and a younger brother
11. I love sports. My favorites are soccer and surfing
Questions from Sara:
1. What is your zodiac sign? Gemini
2. If you have to go on a desert island and to take with you just three things, what would you take? I've learned from traveling that you really don't need much. I would bring to a deserted island the 3 best and most useful things I brought with me while traveling around the world: A really good Swiss army-type knife for building/cutting/fixing things, A water filter/purifier because I am ALWAYS thirsty and cannot go ten minutes without drinking water, and rope because you can do a million useful things with it
3. Do you smoke? NO
4.Your favorite food? Chocolate
5.Your favorite superhero? Why? Rainbow Brite. She is the main source of the Earth's color and it is her job to keep everything colorful and beautiful.
6. Have you a lucky number? Which is it? Yes. Number 44. It was my jersey number when I played soccer
7.Sea or mountain? Sea
8.Your favorite animal? Giraffe
9. Are you a fashion victim? My wardrobe consists of bathing suits and flip-flops so I guess the answer would have to be yes
10. Have you a recurring dream? I frequently dream about earthquakes ever since I was in an earthquake in Nepal
11. What is your favorite mode of transport? Boat
My Questions for the Winners:
1. If you could possess any talent what would it be?
2. What is your favorite place in the whole world?
3. What is your favorite season and why?
4. Do you speak any foreign languages? Which ones?
5. Do you play any instruments?
6. If you could time-travel to any year in the past or future what year would you travel to and why?
7. Do you have a mentor or person you most admire? If so, who?
8. Coffee or Tea?
9. If you could transform into an animal which animal would you like to be?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
11. What is the best museum you've ever visited?
The 11 Winners I've picked for the Liebster Award:
3. Ginger Kelly
4. Mae Day
11. Map of Clouds