Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

After working in Children's Museums for many years, I've learned that there are a few things that an exhibit tech/maintainer cannot live without. Things like Velcro, double-sided tape, sand paper, cable ties, etc... I think it would be hard to find a children's museum with an exhibit shop that doesn't have these items stockpiled in large quantities. There's also the necessary cleaning products such as adhesive removers, stain lifters, gum removers....I've tried them all and they each do their assigned duty but not without a lot of frustration and elbow grease.

Then along came a product that changed my life forever. The days of scrubbing crayon and mystery goo left behind by little sticky fingers were over because my eyes had been opened to the wonders of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If I could only have one cleaning product to clean and entire Children's Museum after a day with 5,000 visitors in attendance, this would be all I would need. It removes stains that you never even realized were there. 

The only problem is that once you use it to clean a surface, a clean spot is left behind and you have to clean all of the surrounding areas that you never even realized were dirty until the Magic Eraser came along! Also, there's no indication on the box of what chemical ingredients this product is made out of except for "magic" so I would use caution when cleaning areas that a toddler's mouth might come in contact with.

I love making hands-on exhibits but along with that comes, well...dirty hands. This is a great product that makes the sometimes, daunting job of maintaining exhibits much easier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment