Monday, October 4, 2021

Happy Trails


After 14 years of Museum Trekking, I've decided that this is the right time for my final post. Like most of you, I've refrained from traveling to remain healthy and slow the spread of COVID-19. During this time, many museums have had to shut their doors permanently which has made writing about museums and traveling very difficult.

Once fully vaccinated, I booked a trip requiring air travel for the first time in two years. I decided to do something different and special for my final post and so I put together a little video to say farewell. 



We flew to Las Vegas, Nevada where we rented a funky campervan called "The Flat Foot" from Escape Campervans. Then we drove to Utah and camped at Zion National Park for a couple of days before heading over to Bryce Canyon National Park. After camping in Zion, we drove down to Arizona and camped at Grand Canyon National Park. Most museums were closed except for a few that we went to at the Grand Canyon. However, the National Parks and campsites were busy as most people, including me, are preferring to stay outdoors where it is safer for the time being. It was so nice to get some fresh air and a change of scenery after being hunkered down at home for so long.

Thank you to everyone who has followed me around this wonderful world for the past 14 years. It has been an amazing journey. While this may be my final blog post, I still plan to carry on Museum Trekking and I hope you will too! If you'd like to continue following along on my adventures please find me on Instagram @kimwnolan

Happy Trails!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment