Friday, November 1, 2019

Travel Sketchbook



I've been to Lovely Ireland six times and I've written quite a lot about my trips. So I thought I'd do something different this time and I'd share my travel sketchbook from my most recent trip this past summer. I made the sketch above while on the plane. It is a fairly accurate map of Ireland. Well, at least it is according to me!

This sketch is of Hook Head, the oldest operational lighthouse in the world. You can learn more about the Hook Lighthouse in my post, Wexford, Ireland.


I ran out of black paint while trying to sketch the Doolin Cave so I had to improvise with some colored pencils. The drawing on the left is of my husband standing in the tunnel to the cave wearing his hardhat. The drawing on the right is illustrating my little self pointing at the Great Stalactite. To read more about the Doolin Cave click here: Doolin Cave.


This is a quick little sketch of the Cliffs of Moher but no painting, photos, or videos could ever do it justice. It really needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. Click here to find out more: Cliffs of Moher.

And last but not least, an experience I will never forget. This is my depiction of the very turbulent and nauseating boat ride to the Aran Islands. You can read all about it here: Aran Islands.


No comments:

Post a Comment